- A recently had a minor surgery. Everything went perfectly and he is 99% recovered. So thankful. I am now spending a great deal of time trying to keep A and T from rough housing so A doesn’t hurt himself while he recoups that last 1%.
- Charlie and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. I feel this is getting to be a pretty respectable number. Don’t you think? The way I feel we’ll be hitting 50 years before I know it.
- Over our anniversary weekend we had the pleasure of attending the Heritage Fire Event in Snowmass (which is part of the Cochon 555 tour). We were graciously invited by the Snowmass Tourism/PR team. So much fun! Lot’s of meat. Lots of great wine and cocktails. I will share pics sometime in the near future.
- My Grandma has come to visit. It’s lovely to see her. But, I’ve gotta admit it makes me register even more how much I miss my Grandpa. He passed almost a year and a half ago and I still find myself wanting to call and ask him questions, send him pictures of the kids, or whatever, and then realizing I can’t. Not sure when that starts to feel any easier. I’ve also gotta say that it really struck me this Father’s Day.
- But, despite my sadness we did have a nice Father’s Day. I’m blessed to have pretty much the greatest Dad on the planet. I also love celebrating my wonderful husband who is an amazing dad too. And I’m very thankful for my awesome Father in law as well. We kind of hit the Dad jackpot actually.
- I totally bought a new BBQ. From Amazon. It was a great price + I had free shipping. Admittedly having a BBQ delivered is “interesting” to deal with when it’s too heavy to get in the house on my own… and it’s about to rain. But I got it all worked out in the end. (Borrowed a dolly from the neighbors!) BBQ recipes for the blog should commence in the near future.
- It’s hot. I love my AC so much.
- I’m eating a lot of salad (a minor miracle at least).