It’s the fourth, meaning July is truly upon us. It’s h-o-t baby! I can certainly tell you the AC is running full blast at my house. Actually you need a sweater in my house. Unfortunately all my sweaters are frozen together. (My husband really likes his air conditioner. I think his internal thermometer is completely defective.)
However, step outside and it’s insta-sweat. Help me I’m melting… and we live in Colorado. Not much in the way of humidity here, which in my opinion, makes the heat about 1000% more oppressive. But, it’s hot enough without that humidity that I’m certainly thinking about what to do to beat the heat. My conclusion:
Avoid turning on the oven.
Light salads, grilling, or georgous tapas style dinners are the way to go.
It’s clearly time for ice box cakes! Ice cream. Popsicles.
Light and refreshing cocktails.
Sweet summery wines.
Or perhaps a boozy popsicle? Who’s up for a boozy popsicle!?
I thought so.
Fresh, peak of summer, sweet, sweet, strawberries + light fruity, oh so summery Riesling = perfect summer cool down treat. Just what you need for the summer bbq or a casual Saturday evening on the porch. Either way, bliss out with this fun summer cool down.
- 16 oz of strawberries (1 package)
- 1 and 1/2 cup sweet Riesling
- optional: 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1. Puree the strawberries in a food processor until relatively smooth. Stop sooner if you want chunks of fruit in the popsicle.
- 2. Mix together with Riesling. If your strawberries are on the sour side you may want to add the optional sugar. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze.