Hey friends! So quick note: If you’ve tried to visit the site in the last few days and received a message that the site is temporarily unavailable, my apologies! I’ve upgraded my hosting to VPS and added the Cloud Flair service to my website and there have been a few kinks to work out. Total pain in my butt. On the plus side, Feed Me I’m Hungry’s load time appears to have been cut in half or less then half! So that will be nice going forward. Moving on…
On New Years isn’t it kind of fun to take a moment or two to look back on the past year? I think almost everyone must love it. Around New Years the TV, radio, and magazines are filled with ‘Top Ten’ articles and shows. The 10 greatest people, the 10 worst wardrobe choices, the top ten things that broke the internet…
I actually do find it helpful, both on a personal level and for the blog to look back at the year. I take note of my successes, but also the areas I need to improve on. It helps me make a plan and set goals for the next year. I guess I’m the kind of girl who always needs goals and a plan.
I figured while I was reflecting I’s take a moment to share a few of my triumphs with you, more specifically, Feed Me I’m Hungry’s Top Ten Recipes In 2015 (since I’ve never managed to break the internet):
1. Strawberry Riesling Popsicles– Much as I love these popsicles, I was kind of surprised they made it to the number one spot this year. But, I guess when you pair strawberry with wine you’re bound to end up with a winner.
2. Carrabba’s Red Sangria (Copycat Recipe)– I knew this one would make the list, since it’s the real deal recipe used by Carrabba’s given to me by an actual Carrabba’s bartender. And Carrabba’s Sangria is awesome. It’s the cinnamon that makes it.
3. Easy Sweet Potato Muffins– Easy, not terribly unhealthy, and uh, yum! Perfect for breakfast, or a quick snack, or a dinner side, or…
4. P.F. Chang’s Singapore Street Noodles (Copycat Recipe)– Who doesn’t love these noodles and wish that they could make them at home?
5. Pesto Pasta Salad– Simple and delish…. man I love pesto.
6. Steel Cut Oat Breakfast Bars– A tasty healthier option for breakfast, especially if you keep the amount of sugar in the recipe on the lower side.
7. Crab/ Cream Cheese Wontons– Surprisingly, wontons are easier to make then you’d think. And they make a perfect appetizer for any event. Or a really great accompaniment to your Friday night homemade take out.
8. Best Ever Cinnamon Rolls– Simply, the BEST. Make them now, and no I don’t care that you’ve just started a diet or that your New Years resolution is to loose a few pounds. You NEED these cinnamon rolls.
9. Killer Pizza Dough– Even after several years this is my go to homemade Pizza dough. It’s excellent.
10. Jamaican Patties– Did you guys know that I’m Jamaican? Well on my Dad’s side anyway. And Jamaican patties are my absolute favorite. They are associated with so many happy memories for me, and also just happen to be delicious. Since you can’t really find the real deal in Colorado, I had to make my own!
As for things I’d like to improve? I think pretty much as always I’d like to continue to improve my content; I figure I can always up my photography and writing game! But, like I said, I’m always the girl with a plan, so progress will be made! I’m also open to your suggestions. What do you want to see from Feed Me I’m Hungry in the upcoming year? Leave me a comment and let me know.
Meanwhile, Happy New Year!