Did you do it? Did you make the homemade ravioli or tortelli from Wednesday?! I’m so excited if you did! If you made beef ravioli I’m hoping you paired it with Marcella’s Tomato Sauce. But, if you made some beautiful spinach stuffed tortelli, you still need a good sauce recipe. Fortunately, I’ve got you covered today with a brown butter and sage sauce. I’m not going to babble on and on today, but I do have to tell you: This sauce so is insanely simple and easy to make, and oh so delicious! All you need is 3 little ingredients and less then ten minutes, and you’re set. And trust me you’ll get rave reviews with this one. After all what’s not to like about brown butter and cheese right? Ok, let’s get right to it!
Tortelli in Brown Butter and Sage
- Homemade Ricotta and Spinach Tortelli, cooked (Or you can purchase pre-made ricotta and spinach ravioli at most grocery stores.)
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- 8 sage leaves, sliced thin -OR- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Parmesan Reggiano
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook, stirring regularly until the butter turns a light golden brown, and begins to smell slightly nutty. Add the sage leaves -OR- dried sage and remove from the heat. Add the cooked tortelli and grated cheese. Stir/toss gently to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with additional grated cheese if desired.